Das Forum von www.DRZ400S.de
Aktuelle Zeit: 24.10.2024 07:29

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Information of DRZ 400 SM
BeitragVerfasst: 27.06.2005 18:23 
DRZ-Frischling

Hello DRZ experts !

Iam planning to buy DRZ 400 SM and i have some questions on my mind.
How strong is that engine ? i mean how long its gonna last in a normal (fun) road using.
And then service, first is 1000 km and every 6000 km but is there anything else to do than just oil and filter ?
And how is the engine after 25000 kms ?
I dont use bike every day, i dont have so much time, but i like to play with bike and DRZ is much cheaper than other motards (here in finnland) and thats the why i am so interesting of DRZ.
My local dealer have hes last DRZ in shop and i promice to him let now before thursday if take that.
Local Suzuki GMBH-Finnland toke only 35 bikes to finnland and there is just few left.
I had KTM on my mind but i test drove today DRZ and it felt very good and price is also good, 4000 euros cheaper than KTM.

Thak you boys

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 27.06.2005 20:04 
DRZ-Goldmember

Hello Jape,

i´ve scanned a test of the DRZ-SM in a german motobike magazin, called "Enduro" :)
Take a look here:

Edit von Olli am 06.07.05: Links entfernt. Mehr Infos dazu unter: http://forum.drz400s.de/portal/viewtopic.php?t=556

Edit by Olli on 06.07.05: Links deleted. More Infos about that, you´ll find here: http://forum.drz400s.de/portal/viewtopic.php?t=556

It´s unfortunately only in german, but perhaps a friend can translate this in to finish.

But, I don´t understand, why you will drive a SM, your terrain in Finland is one of the best :)

Why do you think about it, 4ooo Euros is "THE" cause!

Gruss,Otschko

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 27.06.2005 20:29 
DRZ-Frischling

Thank you for those articles.
I am 38 and now i planning to by my first enduro bike, or motard on this case. But anyway i dont have any experience of single 4 stroke bikes.
Last single what i had was 1984 Yamaha RD 125.
And yes we have nice gravel roads and other places to enjoy enduro bikes in finnland but motard is better for my use and i planning to change tyres anyway, something whitch works better on hard sandroads.
I have drove last 22 years with sportbikes and SM is as a soft landing to an other world, if you understand what i mean.
One thing moore, enduros havent been never very popular in finland, exept racemachines, and i dont now why and maybe that is the reason why its so popular import road enduros (transalp, DRSE,XT) from Germany.

Jape

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 27.06.2005 21:48 
DRZ-Platinuser

Hi Jape,
as what you have just described is actually a clear specification for an enduro bike with the opportunity to use a2nd set of tyres like sm.
The original DRZ sm is a very good bike, but is not flexible to change to offroad tyres because of 18 inch rear and 21 inch front for offroad use which does not fit with the lower clearence you have with the adapted sm-suspension as well.
But if you buy a DRZ 400 S it´s the same performance, 40 HP, and you can change for a fair price to sm tyres you can use alternatively.

This way you would get the best flexibility for any likes you would face later and I promise you get´ll the biggest fun... :biken:

I hope this helps a bit with your decision..

regards
rainercross

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.06.2005 13:39 
DRZ-Junior

@ otschko:
wie lautet denn das passwort für das archiv?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.06.2005 13:59 
DRZ-Frischling

OK i bought DRZ SM today.
Iam going to pick it up on friday afternoon and that was probaply the last one (new) in finland at the moment and my dealer didnt new if there is coming moore on this season.
Is there some aftermarket backlamps and tails for tha tbike ? And iam planning to change tyres for supermoto ones, which works also in sandroads but our markets are so limited and prices are much higher for those parts... so if someone now god place to buy let me know.
I am staying in Zurich 14. july - 22. july so if there is some places in south part of germany that will be great.
All basic parts here in finland are priced similar than in germany but supermotos are so new thing here that its very hard to find something special (exept for KTM).
Ok i hope that i have fun with my sumo and if there is something "good to know" about DRZs so write here, iam goin to follow this forum.

Jape

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 29.06.2005 00:50 
DRZ-Platinuser

jape,
congratulations :aplaus: and I hope you have a lot of fun and taken the right decision for yor needs and ambitions.
Good luck... :biken:
rainercross

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]